Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Shelter Dogs


This book was really touching. The photos are beautiful and most of the dogs you can just feel their soul and personality right through the pages.
(Buyer beware, not all the dogs are rescued and live happily ever after. I didn't realize this when I bought the book so my heart leaped when reading their stories and I got to the ones that had been euthanized. It's very heartbreaking to see such a beautiful living (when the photo was taken) being and know they are gone.)
I wish this book was in every library, school, store in the country, it would make a difference. I got my pooch from the humane shelter 5 1/2 years ago as a 2 month old puppy that had been tossed out on a freeway to die. She is my best little buddy and better than any human friend I've ever had.

No comments: